- Before asking questions you need to cite the source. The following words can be uttered loudly or silently “I call upon the higher self to answer these questions. I will only accept answers from the higher self and not from the conscious mind. I seek absolutely truthful answers that are aligned with the highest and greatest good for all concerned” you can have your own version but you should use it every time.
- The energy around and within you should be cleansed. Cleansing showers of white light that envelopes you should be visualized.
- Your mind should be quiet when using your pendulum as well as before using it. You can do a mini-meditation, meaning 30 to 60 seconds before starting only if it’s needed. Just think of a quiet place that you won’t be disturbed like a forest or beach. Just visualize yourself sleeping peacefully alone having fun with nature. Engaging in these activities will enable you to have that conscious kind of mind whiles you use your pendulum since it sets the tone for your pendulum session.
- You will be calm and centered when you slow and steadily breathe through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Ground yourself. Think about the link between your body to the earth with the help of the tree roots. Give these roots the chance to penetrate deep into the earth’s mantle, wrapping around the amazing gemstones.
- Be present. That moment, while you’re using the pendulum, tries not to multitask. Just deal with one task at a time then after finishing you can start your everyday schedule of multitasking.
- Be patient. The pendulum needs time to swing therefore allow it to take as much time as it needs.
- Be objective. The pendulum shouldn’t be allowed to exercise any influence if you want the outcome to be useful. You might be tempted to allow your conscious mind to influence the pendulum’s answers which in return will make the outcome more useless. You should be neutral.
- Don’t be Emotional. Don’t use pendulum when emotional as this may lead to unreliable results. Emotional questions make it hard for one to stay calm and get the right answers. You shouldn’t allow your emotions to get the better part of you but you should stay calm.
- Refrain from predicting the outcome. Prophesying about the pendulum’s swing will lead to unreliable results regardless of whether it is willingly or unwillingly or even anxiously. If you’re in that situation and you unwillingly anticipate the outcome then you are not different from an individual who is trying to predict.
- To get a stronger response. Just say “respond louder please” or “be more clear”.
- Cup your free hand below the weight stone to help pay attention to your energy.
Have you come across the phrase “garbage in garbage out?” it relates to pendulum since it’s a computer illustration of the value of data on both sides of a process. The answers you get from the pendulum will be as a result of the questions you’ll ask. It is definitely in the language. Below are ways of framing a good question.
- Be specific. Anything that pays attention to the matter should be used. These can be names, data, times, places. For example “Is it in my best interest to attend the “How to use a pendulum” workshop taught by……….(instructor name) at……….(location) on………(date) at……….(time)?
- Make sure yes or no answers are the ones to be used when answering your question.
- Your pendulum questions shouldn’t involve the words “should” or “supposed”.
- Only use phrases that your inner self can relate to. You can put your own details into the blank spaces of the following questions.
- Is it in my best interest to…………………….?
- Is it in the best interests of those concerned if I…………?
- Would it be worthwhile for me to…………..?
- Am I correct in believing that……………?
- Is it wiser for me to………………………………..?
Below here is a sample of a poorly paraphrased question.
“Should I go to Mary’s party?”
This question has the following problems
- The word “should” ask for an opinion based on undefined parameters, therefore, it’s vague.
- Mary who?
- What day?
- What time?