Oftentimes, we look for simple and easy answers to things. With time, patience and persistence in practice, a pendulum is usually accurate, easy to use and takes little time. It is important to have a quiet setting where you are free from outside influences and will not be disturbed. Always bear in mind regarding divination, that if you feel very strongly, you may influence the divination tool you are working with and it may produce incorrect answers.
What is a Pendulum for?
It is a tool used for obtaining information from beyond normal consciousness. It helps to tap into the Higher Self and enhance intuition. There are various theories about how and why the pendulum works, and why better for some than others. There is no magic involved. It utilizes the natural process of tuning-in to the Higher Self. When we are too engrossed in everyday life and materialistic worries, our powers of intuition diminish. The intuition we had as children diminished with age in a lot of us as a result of negative programming. We forget who we are. We lose the ability to listen to the Higher Self. There are different techniques to reconnect with the Higher Self, and using the pendulum is one of these. As you become more proficient or adept, the intuition becomes so strong that you begin to know. To increase awareness and raise the consciousness is to make that connection to the Higher Self. The pendulum can be used in healing, energy balancing, detecting imbalances in energy fields, finding missing objects and other uses.
1. Choose A Pendulum: Allow a pendulum to choose you. If you like the way it looks or feels, it is meant for you.
2. Cleanse Your Pendulum: You may cleanse it by holding it under running cold tap water, soaking it in sea salt, or setting a mental intention to free it of ‘picked up energies.’
3. Understand the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum: Pendulums swing in vertical straight lines, horizontal straight lines, and in circular movements.
4. Define the Directional Swings of Your Pendulum: Assign each directional swing by asking the pendulum to show you a NO swing, a YES swing, and a NEUTRAL swing.
5. Prepare Your Questions: A question should be one that can be answered with a positive, negative or neutral response.
6. Examples: ‘Will I be offered the job I interviewed for this morning?’ and not, ‘Will my pregnant cousin deliver a boy or girl?
7. Set Your Intention: It is imperative that you precede your question session with a prayerful request or statement. For example, ‘It is my intention to receive truthful answers that are for the good of all concerned.’
8. Ask Your Questions: Be prepared to ask several questions to receive enough information to aid you in your search.
9. Make sure to completely stop any pendulum motion between questions.
Accept information only if your instincts assure you it is accurate.
Keep a notebook handy to write down your questions and your pendulum’s response.
Each pendulum may have a different response. Likewise, each person must establish their own directional swings before using a pendulum.
Make sure that the pendulums have been cleared of any negative energies before and after each use.
How to Use a Pendulum
The subconscious mind must communicate with the conscious mind. Since they both need to be on the same job at the same time, they need to know what is expected of them. This is called programming the pendulum to what is a yes or no.
Draw on a white sheet of paper a vertical line, a horizontal line, a clockwise circle and a counter clockwise circle, use arrows on the lines, if it helps to remember. Holding your pendulum between your thumb & index finger (the pointer) and with a slight arch to your wrist, hold it over the vertical line. It will either not move or move around aimlessly. Now the fun part. With your mind, will the pendulum to move straight up or down. Do not move your fingers or hand. The pendulum will respond. If it does not move right away, take a deep breath and let it out slowly and concentrate. Give it time. Remember what I said about the conscious & subconscious. It sometimes takes a while for the two to communicate.
Next, hold the pendulum over the horizontal line. Again with the mind, direct your will to move the pendulum from side to side. Do this with the clockwise circle and then with the counter clockwise circle. Do not go on until you have the confidence that the pendulum is moving to your command. Do not hurry the process, this is am important step.
With that accomplished, congratulations, you have just addressed your subconscious.
Now for the programming.
Make the pendulum move in a clockwise direction over the clockwise circle and when it is swinging smoothly over the clockwise circle, command out loud to your subconscious “This swing means yes”. Remember it is a command and the subconscious must obey.
Next, move the pendulum over the counter clockwise circle and command out loud “This swing means no.”
Do this exercise a few times a day for about a week to make sure the subconscious has taken the programming. There is no need to practice for long periods, 15-20 minutes should be fine. FYI, if the pendulum swings somewhere in between a yes or no it indicates a maybe answer.
It is important to remember that questions for the pendulum requires a yes or no answer. So make sure you phrase your question accordingly. Most importantly, to have an accurate answer, you cannot have a preconceived opinion regarding the question. That’s what the practice was for. You must stay unbiased or you will not get an accurate answer. That will be the hardest part. You might want to practice with simple questions that you have no emotional investment in. For instance, the color of my car is red? Or did it snow in Florida in the last year?
Test your accuracy before going onto more important questions. By the way, there are books on the market that have charts that you can use with your pendulum that include everyday decision-making, what gem stone to use today, what chakra is in need of clearing, etc. Check them out.